Fast Fiber-Optic Network Propels Hotelier to Top 1% in Guest Satisfaction Ranking
Tellabs, a provider of Passive Optical LAN (POL) solutions, and UberData Networks, a full-service network system integration company, have teamed together to deliver a fiber-based hotel and resort local area network (LAN) solution that currently ranks the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Dayton (Beavercreek), Ohio, owned and managed by Middletown Hotel Management (MHM), in the top 1% for all SpringHill Suites by Marriott.
Under UberData Networks’ skilled management, and knowing that Marriott International is a supporter of Fiber-to-the-Room network designs based on G-PON technology, MHM installed Tellabs Optical LAN (OLAN) in their 118 guest suite hotel. The small form-factor OLAN system has the capacity to deliver over 500 ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity over Single Mode Fiber (SMF) cabling using a passive optical distribution network architecture. This OLAN design converged the hotel’s voice, smart IPTV, high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi and security over a single fiber-based future-proof infrastructure.
“Our guests love the benefits of this technology. At this property, our customer satisfaction scores are extremely high for high-speed Internet wireless performance and our smart IPTVs, which ranks us in the top 1% of all SpringHill Suites by Marriott,” said Bob Ritter, Vice President of Operations at Middletown Hotel Management
A sample of the milestones achieved at SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Dayton (Beavercreek) with UberData Networks and Tellabs Optical LAN are:
- The hotel ranks in the top 1% for all SpringHill Suites by Marriott based on superior guest experience with the network connectivity.
- Three (3) separate networks for voice, data and video are converged onto one (1) fiber-optic network, saving both capital costs and ongoing operational costs.
- Telecom rooms are eliminated and that space is repurposed for business and guest service needs.
- The entire IT network is managed from one screen with global policies and with minimal clicks for better end-to-end operational efficiencies.
- Fiber-optic cabling has no known bandwidth limitation, and the Optical LAN design offers a flexible path to future 10 Gbps technologies and beyond.
“This Optical LAN installation at our SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dayton (Beavercreek) has proven to be a grand success, and I’m thrilled that we have achieved such high customer satisfaction surveys – that helps our business by securing new and repeat customers at greater velocity,” said Har Bhatnagar, President and CEO at Middletown Hotel Management. “When you add the benefits of scalability and future-proofing, I’m confident that we will be installing Passive Optical LAN in all of our properties moving forward.”
Tellabs Optical LAN is credited with providing a converged fiber-based, simple, yet scalable high-speed local area network infrastructure. UberData Networks designed and deployed the Passive Optical LAN solution for this ultra-modern hotel. Also of note, Apachi Networks provided low voltage cabling project management on this project.
Article courtesy of Hospitalitytech.com